SpringerNature's broad range of innovative products on the Palgrave.com site include:
What is an eBook?
An eBook is a book in digital form, which can be read on various electronic devices. Our SpringerNature eBooks are identical to the print version.
Which eBook formats does Palgrave offer?
- eBooks are currently available for purchase in PDF and sometimes EPUB format.
- If an eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats, both will become available for download upon purchase.
- Both formats can be used and read on various digital devices, including mobile phones.
- EPUB is designed for reflowable content, meaning that an EPUB reader can optimize text for a particular display automatically.
- PDF content is static; pages are displayed identically across devices.
What is the difference between Living and Static Reference Works?
- Some of Springer Nature’s reference works are published as living references which are online first, real-time snapshots (article collections) of a reference work which is in development or is being updated.
- The living editions are delivered well in advance of the static, printed reference publications, and continuously offer new and up-to-date content.
- Each online-first entry has its own DOI and is fully citable.
- If you need additional information, please click on Living and Static Reference Works.
- A MyCopy is your personal print-on-demand softcover edition of an eBook.
- MyCopy books are printed versions of eBooks within a eBook Collection to which your library provides you access via SpringerLink.
- Each book and chapter page on SpringerLink tells you if the respective title is available as a MyCopy edition.
- You can order your personal MyCopy directly from SpringerLink.
- MyCopy books have a colored soft cover, with the interior being black and white. Thus, colored illustrations in the eBook and conventional print books are always monochrome in the corresponding MyCopy book.
- Every MyCopy book is available at USD/EUR 24.99, including shipping and handling and can be shipped to the following locations: US, Canada, UK, Germany, Switzerland, France, Australia etc.
- You can also purchase individual chapters of a book in digital form on Palgrave.com.
- The buyable chapters of a book are listed on the corresponding book product page.
- After your purchase you may download the chapter as a PDF file.
- The price of each chapter is $29.95 / 24.95€ / £19.95 (the final gross prices may vary due to local tax legislation, i.e. in the EU).
- What is a Rental? : A Rental is an eBook which you can rent for one or six months. The rental period ends automatically after a reminder email with the opportunity to buy the eBook.
- An eBook is a book in digital form, which can be read on various electronic devices. Our SpringerNature eBooks are identical to the print version.
- It is also possible to buy single protocols.
- Protocols are step-by-step procedure “recipes” organized in a standardized format that can be executed in a controlled laboratory environment.
- You can buy a protocol for $49.95 / €39.95 / £34.95 (the final gross prices may vary due to local tax legislation, i.e. in the EU).
What is a SmartBook?
- In contrast to a normal ebook a SmartBook offers not only text and pictures, but also videos, quizzes and glossaries.
- Additionally you have the possibility to make marks and notes using the online reader.
- SmartBooks also offer an optimized search functionality. Using the full-text search, you can source the entire SmartBook for specific terms.