Intergovernmental Organisation (IGO) Licence and Copyright

If you do not own the rights to your contribution to an article because the paper derives from a work conducted within your employment with an IGO, a non-standard licence agreement is required.

Licence: All Springer Nature journals with an open access option offer intergovernmental organisation (IGO) versions of Creative Commons licences on request, where required by the author’s employer.

Copyright: When an IGO owns the copyright, you should not sign a standard licence agreement during the Next steps for publishing your article. Instead, you will need to request a Non-Standard Copyright and the correct agreement will be created for you manually. 

If you are publishing open access, an IGO licence will also be applied at the same time as the Non-Standard copyright.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.